Displaying items by tag: recycling
We would like to introduce residents to your new recycling service partner, BluPlanet Recycling Inc. Their bins look like this.
We will soon be setting up a new recycling program at sites around your complex. The sites are located where the pink dots appear on the image above, but before collection begins, here is some important information on what types of materials we recycle. BluPlanet Recycling will accept all of the following materials in our mixed materials bins:
- Clean plastic containers with the recycling symbol 1 – 7 (Numbers can be located on the bottom of most plastic containers within a triangle shape)
- Liquid detergent, fabric softener and shampoo bottles, plastic clamshell trays, yogurt and margarine containers.
- Plastic bags and plastic wrap
- Newspapers and paper inserts
- Catalogues and magazines
- Paper (e.g. letters, envelopes, greeting cards, brochures, non-foil gift wrap, paper bags)
- Telephone books and paperback books
- Shredded paper (put in plastic bags so that the paper does not blow around)
- Clean metal food and beverage cans
- Metal lids and caps
- Clean aluminum foil, aluminum plates and containers
NO HOUSEHOLD GARBAGE IS ALLOWED IN THESE BINS. PLEASE USE GARBAGE BINS FOR THIS USE.
Clean jars and bottles and refundable beverage containers must be placed in separate bin provided. If the bin is not provided, then you should take your refundables to a recycling centre.
Please note that all of the above materials will be accepted for removal and can be placed into the mixed material bins, however, we request that all residents please visit our website at bprecycling.ca for more details on how to recycle using our program.
We look forward to working with you!